DevOps is a powerful modern approach to unifying the business strategy, development, testing, deployment, and life-cycle operation of software. This approach is accomplished by improving business, IT, and development collaboration while taking full advantage of automation technologies, end-to-end processes, application security, microservices architecture, and cloud infrastructure to accelerate development and delivery and enable innovation. This IDC subscription service provides insight, forecasts, and thought leadership to assist IT management, IT professionals, IT vendors, and service providers in creating compelling DevOps strategies and solutions.
DevOps Analytics, Automation and Security
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases
- Identification of DevOps innovators and best practices
- Identification of critical DevOps tools enabling automation, open source technologies, and market leaders
- DevSecOps application security and blending security and governance into the DevOps processes and pipelines
- Analysis of the impact that DevOps is having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premises and cloud service platforms
- Major transformation and impact that DevOps is having on staffing, skills, and internal processes
- Worldwide DevOps Software Forecast, 2021-2025
- Worldwide DevOps Software Market Shares, 2020
- Changing Drivers of DevOps: The Role of Serverless and Microservices/Cloud-Native Architectures
- Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Developer, Operations, and DevOps
- Evolving Approaches and Practices in DevOps
- The Shift to Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Tools and Frameworks for Supporting DevOps Workflows
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the primary DevOps adoption drivers, benefits, and use cases?
- What is the role of automation, security, and open source in enabling effective DevOps operations and strategies?
- Which vendors are disrupting the status quo with DevOps innovation?
- What impact is DevOps having on IT infrastructure hardware and software purchasing and deployment priorities across on-premises and cloud service platforms?
- What are the enterprise best practices for efficient and effective DevOps implementation and sustainability?
- What role do security solutions provide in expanding DevOps to include DevSecOps capabilities?
Amazon.com Inc., Ansible Inc., Atlassian Pty Ltd., Broadcom Inc., Chef Software, Inc., CloudBees, Inc., Digital.ai Software Inc., Dynatrace LLC, F5 Networks, Inc., GitHub Inc., GitLab B.V., Google LLC, HashiCorp, Inc., IBM, JFrog Ltd., Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, NTT Application Security, New Relic, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Puppet, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Slack Technologies, Inc., Synopsys, Inc., TRICENTIS Technology & Consulting GmbH, VMware, Inc.
Meet the Experts
Group Vice President, Software Development and Open Source
Research Director, DevOps & DevSecOps
Research Vice President, Future of Digital Infrastructure
Group Vice President, I&O, Cloud Operations, and DevOps