IDC's European Security Strategies service provides a forward-looking analysis of the vendors and markets for security products and services, and data protection and privacy legislation throughout Europe. The service brings clarity to this evolving sector by categorizing, sizing, and forecasting the market. It considers the impact of technology and business trends and the regulatory context. Subscription benefits include advice on the regulatory landscape, and insights on technologies being applied to security and privacy, such as AI/ML, analytics, cloud, and IoT.
European Security Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- CISO agendas
- Market opportunity and growth trends
- How security can enable digital transformation
- Exploring security as an enterprise risk topic
- Professional and managed security services
- Cloud Security – security of, from, and in the cloud
- Trends and developments in detection and response
- Future of Trust / Digital Trust
- Convergence of networking and security
- Data ethics, data loss prevention, data discovery, encryption/rights management
- Hardware security modules and key management
- EU regulations: ePrivacy, NIS regulation, EU Cybersecurity Act, eIDAS regulation
- European IoT Security Market Perspective
- European Security Appliances Forecast, 2022–2026
- European Security Software Forecast, 2022–2026
- European Security Services Forecast, 2022–2026
- European Cloud Security Gateway Forecast, 2022–2026
- European Security Vendor Market Shares, 2021
- Operationalizing privacy compliance and management through automation
- Data discovery: building a single source of truth for data
- Encryption and key management in a hybrid/multi-cloud environment
- Data Loss Prevention forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How does the European security market differ from the worldwide one?
- What are the challenges and opportunities relating to emerging trends and technologies such as AI, IoT, and IT/OT convergence?
- How are new security technologies and techniques resonating with buyers and suppliers in Europe?
- How can security be positioned as a business benefit, and how can security leaders build their business influence?
- How are the deployment and delivery models of security solutions evolving across European markets?
- What is the impact of EU legislation on global firms?
Accenture plc, Actifio, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Anonos Inc., Atos SE, Avanade Inc., Avast Software B.V., BAE Systems, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., BT Group plc, Barracuda Networks, Inc., BigID Inc., BitDefender Srl, Bitglass, Inc., Blackberry Ltd., Box, Inc., Broadcom Inc., CGI Group Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Checkmarx Ltd., CipherCloud, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Clearswift Ltd., Cloudflare, Inc., Cofense Inc., Collibra NV, Commvault Systems, Inc., Computacenter PLC, CrowdStrike, Inc., CyberArk Software Ltd., Cybereason Inc., DXC Technology Co., DarkTrace Ltd., Dell Technologies Inc., Deloitte LLP, Deutsche Telekom AG, Digital Guardian, Inc., Dropbox Inc., ESET spol. s r.o., Ernst & Young Global Limited, Exonar Limited, F-Secure Oyj, F5 Networks, Inc., FireEye, Inc., Forcepoint LLC, ForgeRock, Inc., Fortanix Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Gemalto N.V., Google LLC, HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Imperva, Inc., Ivanti Software Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., KPMG International, Kaspersky, LogRhythm, Inc., McAfee LLC, Micro Focus International plc, Microsoft Corporation, Mimecast Limited, NTT Security Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Okta, Inc., One Identity LLC, OneTrust LLC, Optiv Security Inc., Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Panda Security, S.L., Ping Identity Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Privitar Ltd., Proofpoint, Inc., Qualys Inc., RSA Security LLC, RepKnight Ltd., Samsung, SecureData Holdings Limited, SecureWorks Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Skybox Security, Inc., Sophos Plc, Splunk Inc., StormShield, Sumo Logic, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Syncplicity Inc., T-Systems International GmbH, Tanium Inc., Tata Communications Limited, Telefonica S.A., Thales Group SAS, Thycotic Software LLC, Trend Micro Incorporated, TrustArc Inc., Unisys Corporation, Utimaco Safeware AG, VMware, Inc., Varonis Systems Inc., Veritas AG, Verizon Communications, Inc., Vodafone Group Plc, Zscaler Inc., nCipher Inc
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Analyst, European Security Services
VP of Enterprise Research Europe
Research Manager, European Security
Research Manager, European Security