The Internet of Things (IoT) market has been growing rapidly for the past decade but is poised for continued expansion going forward. The IoT ecosystem is a complex sector with multiple technology layers and hundreds of players, including device and module manufacturers; communication service providers (SPs); IoT platform players; applications, analytics, and security software vendors; and professional services providers. IDC's Canadian Internet of Things and Edge in the 5G Era service analyzes the regionally specific growth of the IoT market from the autonomously connected units in the enterprise world to the applications and services that demonstrate the power of a world of connected "things." It also examines the interrelationships between IoT, 5G, and edge computing in the Canadian enterprise landscape.
Canadian Internet of Things and Edge in the 5G Era
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Market size and forecast for the Canadian IoT market
- Canadian IoT revenue forecast by industry
- Canadian IoT revenue forecast by use cases
- Taxonomy of the IoT ecosystem: How is the market organized, and what are the key segments and technologies?
- Canadian-specific demand-side data from various segments (e.g., IT and LOB)
- Analysis of Canadian-specific vendor readiness and go-to-market strategies for IoT
- Vertical use cases/case studies of IoT
- IoT's impact on edge infrastructure adoption
- Understand the impact of IoT on 5G and vice versa
- Taxonomy of the IoT Ecosystem
- Forecast for the Canadian IoT Market by Industry
- Forecast for the Canadian IoT Market by Use Cases
- Case Studies of Successful Canadian IoT Implementations
- Canadian Internet of Things Decision-Maker Survey Reports
- Market Perspectives of IoT and 5G
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the size of and forecast for the Canadian markets for the Internet of Things?
- What verticals will lead the IoT movement?
- What use cases will lead the IoT ecosystem?
- What are the key operational challenges facing mobile operators and IoT solutions vendors in deploying and monitoring connected "things"?
- How will the rise of 5G affect IoT deployments in Canada?
- How is IoT affecting edge adoption and vice versa?
Accenture plc, Allstream Inc., Bell Canada, Blackberry Ltd., CGI Group Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Deloitte LLP, IBM, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PTC, Inc., Rogers Communications Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Sierra Wireless S.A., TELUS Corporation