IDC's Canadian Telecom Market Forecaster complements our subscription research services, which aims to keep clients abreast of the latest technology and segmentation trends and opportunities. IDC's multidimensional research provides executives insights into industry trends, strategic planners with unparalleled detail in sizing critical market segments, and sales and marketing organizations' tactical insights into new market opportunities. IDC's Canadian Telecom Market Forecaster is delivered in a pivot table so customers can evaluate and analyze market data across multiple dimensions. This flexible and dynamic tool allows clients to identify market opportunities and effectively position their products. The tool provides five-year end-user spending forecasts for 19 telecom markets segmented by industry, region, and company size as well as historical data for one year. IDC offers the most granular multidimensional view of the Canadian IT and telecom markets with our market forecaster tools, with segmentation by industry, region, and size across hardware, software, IT services, and telecom markets.
Canadian Telecom Market Forecaster
This product covers the following segments of the telecom market:
- Telecom markets segments: Wireline voice — local access, Wireline voice — local features, Wireline voice — long distance, Wireline voice — VoIP and cable telephony, Wireline voice — SIP trunk, Wireline voice — unified communications and collaboration (hosted and cloud), Wireline data — legacy, Wireline data — private line, Wireline data — frame relay, Wireline data — ATM, Wireline data — IP VPN, Wireline data — Ethernet, Wireline data — other data, Internet, Wireless voice, Wireless data for mobile phones, Wireless data for media devices, Wireless data for personal access hardware, Wireless data for machine to machine
- Company size segments: 1–4 employees, 5–9 employees, 10–19 employees, 20–49 employees, 50–99 employees, 100–199 employees, 200–499 employees, 500–999 employees, 1,000+ employees, Consumer/home
- Regional segments: Atlantic (NS, NB, PEI, NFLD), Quebec (QC, NVT), Ontario (ON), Manitoba/Saskatchewan (MB, SK), Alberta (AB), British Columbia (BC, YK, NWT)
- Industry segments: Primary, Discrete manufacturing, Process manufacturing, Construction, Transportation, Communications and media, Utilities, Wholesale and distribution, Retail, Banking, Insurance, Financial markets, Business services, Federal government, Provincial and local government, Education, Health
IDC's Canadian Telecom Market Forecaster contains Canadian data for all of IDC's telecom markets. It includes:
- Forecasts and historical data for all 19 of IDC's telecom markets
- Complements IDC's existing research programs and includes all forecasts, not just those covered in detail in the CIS programs
- Access to regular forecast updates based on IDC's latest research
- End-user spending data segmented by 17 industries, 6 regions, and 10 size segments
Canadian Telecom Market Forecaster subscribers receive two updates to IDC's telecom market forecaster data. Pivot tables are delivered via email, and the Canadian Telecom Market Forecaster offers additional market forecasts and historical data not covered in published IDC telecom research documents:
Semiannual updates: April and September
Key Product Applications
Our research enables you to make decisions that are critical to your success:
- Measure historical performance across multiple markets and segments.
- Develop business plans with quantitative data on market sizes and forecasts.
- Set goals or quotas based on market sizes, growth, or share.
- Reduce time spent doing research when building sizing, forecasts, and business plans.
- Align market sizes to your addressable market (by telecom market, region, size, and industry).
- Determine which segments offer the best opportunity for growth.