IDC's Canadian Cloud Market Forecaster complements our subscription research services, which aims to keep clients abreast of the latest technology and segmentation trends and opportunities. IDC's multidimensional research provides executives insights into industry trends, strategic planners with unparalleled detail in sizing critical market segments, and sales and marketing organizations' tactical insights into new market opportunities. IDC's Canadian Cloud Market Forecaster is delivered in a pivot table so customers can evaluate and analyze market data across multiple dimensions. This flexible and dynamic tool allows clients to identify market opportunities and effectively position their products. The tool provides five-year end-user spending forecasts for nine cloud markets segmented by industry, region, and company size, as well as historical data for one year. IDC offers the most granular multidimensional view of the Canadian IT and telecom markets with our Market Forecaster tools, with segmentation by industry, region, and size across hardware, software, IT services, and telecom markets.
Canadian Cloud Market Forecaster
This product covers the following segments of the cloud market:
Cloud market segments: AD&D as a service, apps as a service, SIS as a service, IaaS private compute, IaaS private storage, IaaS public compute (non-VPC), IaaS public compute (VPC), IaaS public storage (non-VPC), and IaaS public storage (VPC)
Company size segments: 1–4 employees, 5–9 employees, 10–19 employees, 20–49 employees, 50–99 employees, 100–199 employees, 200–499 employees, 500–999 employees, 1,000+ employees, and consumer/home
Regional segments: Atlantic (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador), Québec (Québec and Nunavut), Ontario (Ontario), Manitoba/Saskatchewan (Manitoba and Saskatchewan), Alberta (Alberta), and British Columbia (British Columbia, Yukon, and Northwest Territories)
Industry segments: Primary, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, transportation, communications and media, utilities, wholesale and distribution, retail, banking, insurance, financial markets, business services, federal government, provincial and local government, education, and health
IDC's Canadian Cloud Market Forecaster contains Canadian data for all of IDC's cloud markets. It includes:
- Forecasts and historical data for all nine of IDC's cloud markets
- All forecasts, not just those covered in detail in the CIS programs, and complements IDC's existing research programs
- Access to regular forecast updates based on IDC's latest research
- End-user spending data segmented by 17 industries, 6 regions, and 10 size segments
Canadian Cloud Market Forecaster is delivered in a pivot table so customers can evaluate and analyze market data across multiple dimensions. The tool provides five-year end-user spending forecasts for nine cloud markets segmented by industry, region, and company size, as well as historical data for one year. Pivot tables are delivered via email, and the Canadian Cloud Market Forecaster offers additional market forecasts and history not covered in published IDC cloud research documents:
- Semiannual updates: April and September
Key Product Applications
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Measure historical performance across multiple markets and segments.
- Develop business plans with quantitative data on market sizes and forecasts.
- Set goals or quotas based on market sizes, growth, or share.
- Reduce time spent doing research when building sizing, forecasts, and business plans.
- Align market sizes to your addressable market (by cloud market, region, size, and industry).
- Determine which segments offer the best opportunity for growth