IDC's Canadian Software as a Service research provides analysis of cloud software markets in Canada. It examines the opportunity, customer demand, and business implementation of cloud software with a focus on applications. Analysis of the disruptive forces impacting customer demand and vendor business models is also provided. Insights offer a view of the shift of software buying patterns from on-premises to cloud (SaaS) delivery as well as the associated vendor strategies for adapting to changing buyer demands.
Canadian Software as a Service
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Software as a service
- The evolution of cloud software and delivery models
- Cloud software user spending intentions by segment
- Cloud forecasts and competitive analysis
- Impact on IT vendors, service providers, and channels
- Customer adoption trends: Preferences, drivers, and inhibitors
- Software-as-a-service market forecast
- IT and line-of-business buyer views
- Software usage by delivery model
- Software-as-a-service competitive overview
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are key software markets such as financial applications, collaboration, CRM, HCM, and marketing changing in Canada because of cloud computing?
- How are organizations progressing in their shift from on premises to cloud?
- What buyer roles and industry segments are adopting software as a service?
- What key industry and structural changes are taking place in the Canadian cloud market that may improve or inhibit my company's cloud play?
- How is cloud shifting the competitive landscape in software?
- How are organizations procuring SaaS and pricing preferences?
Amazon.com Inc., Bell Canada, CA Technologies, Inc., CGI Group Inc., CenturyLink Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cogeco Communications Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Dell Inc., Google LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Juniper Networks, Inc., Long View Systems, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Rogers Cable Inc., SAP SE, SHERWEB INC, Salesforce.com, Inc., Symantec Corporation, TELUS Corporation, VMware, Inc.