IDC's Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms covers the market, technologies, and tools used to build artificial intelligence (AI) models and applications. Artificial intelligence software platforms provide the functionality to analyze, organize, access, and provide advisory services based on a range of structured and unstructured information. These platforms facilitate the development of intelligent, advisory, and AI applications, including intelligent assistants that may mimic human cognitive abilities. The technology components of AI software platforms include text analytics, rich media analytics, tagging, searching, machine learning, categorization, clustering, hypothesis generation, question visualization, filtering, alerting, and navigation.
Artificial Intelligence Software Platforms
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Artificial intelligence software platforms including general purpose and conversational AI platforms, APIs and microservices, and both cloud-based and on-premises
- Content and text analytics for natural language processing, social media monitoring, reputation monitoring, and automatic translation and sentiment analysis
- Exploration, search, and discovery technologies including search engines, auto-categorization, and information visualization
- Deep learning, machine learning, transfer learning, and other AI algorithms and methods used by developers and data scientists to build predictive and prescriptive models
- Image and video analytics, exploration, and discovery technologies and applications including computer vision
- Audio, voice/speech recognition, and analytics
- Algorithm and model development and deployment
- Other search and analytics use cases such as site search, ecommerce search, recommendation engines, mobile search, and AI-based personalization
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Artificial Intelligence APIs and Microservices
- Content and Semantic Analytics APIs and Microservices
- Market Analyses and Predictions
- Market Trends, Forecasts, and Vendor Market Shares
- Rich Media Analytics Including Computer Vision
- Buyer Case Studies
- End-User Surveys
- AI Model Development, Experimentation, and Deployment
- Software-Enabling New Human-Computer Interfaces
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the trends and opportunities for artificial intelligence software platform and content analytics vendors?
- What software will enterprises need to manage their structured and unstructured information and promote information discovery and sharing?
- How are information access technologies evolving and consolidating to better serve traditional enterprises?
- How will artificial intelligence, cognitive, and intelligent assistance software change how knowledge workers do their job?
- How are vendor offerings in the AI and content analytics markets differentiated?
- What challenges do enterprises face in adopting AI-based solutions?
Alibaba Group Holding Limited, Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Baidu, Inc., Cloudera, Inc., Coveo Solutions Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Infosys Limited, Intel Corporation, LucidWorks Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Nuance Communications, Inc., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce.com, Inc., Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tencent Holdings Limited, Teradata Corporation, Wipro Limited