IDC's Technology Valuation Services provides core data and information for IT financing providers and product managers to understand equipment life cycles and measure risk in IT investments. These services provide technology assessments and residual value forecasts for IT equipment portfolio managers, product marketing managers, sales professionals, procurement executives, and IT financing and leasing specialists. Technologies covered include servers, clients, storage systems, networking, and communications equipment.
Technology Valuation Services
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Product life-cycle and technology assessments
- Portfolio valuations
- Evaluation of vendor primary and secondary market strategies
- Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), IBM, and Cisco rack and blade servers (x86)
- Dell Technologies, HP Inc., and Lenovo PCs
- Dell Technologies, HPE, and IBM storage products
- HPE, IBM, and Oracle enterprise servers
- Cisco networking equipment
- Blade Server Residual Value Forecast
- Cisco Networking Equipment Residual Value Forecast
- Dell Technologies Storage Residual Value Forecast
- Desktop and Notebook PC Residual Value Forecast
- HPE Storage Residual Value Forecast
- IBM Enterprise Storage Residual Value Forecast
- IBM System z Server and Power Server Residual Value Forecast
- x86-Based PC and Server Residual Value Forecast
- Oracle Server Residual Value Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Will demand exist for this equipment type by lease end? What will the economic value be in three to five years?
- How is this vendor positioned relative to its competitors, and what is its outlook?
- Will emerging technologies render this equipment obsolete in the near future?
- How will the increasingly global used equipment market impact used equipment prices and secondary market dynamics?
- How will new product discounting practices impact the resale for each type of equipment one to four years into the future?