TECH SUPPLIER Mar 2023 - IDC Survey - Doc # EUR150437523
IT-OT Convergence Survey: Implications for Utility Asset Operators — Part 1
This IDC Survey examines data from the 2022 IDC Energy Insights Worldwide IT and OT Convergence Survey, which focuses on how asset-intensive industries are treating the progressive integration of IT and operational technology (OT) systems, processes, and organizations, breaking down data by industry, subindustry, and value chain segment.
The Worldwide IT and OT Convergence Survey is biannual study of utilities' attitude toward IT-OT integration, organizational maturity, governance model for IT and OT functions, budget responsibility, and investment priorities. The 2022 edition covered 284 electricity, gas, and water utilities across two North American and eight European countries: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, the U.K., and the U.S.
This report is part of a series of two documents that provides insights into the convergence and progressive integration of IT and OT within the utility industry. It covers the following areas:
- Drivers and barriers to IT-OT integration initiatives, including support of utilities' sustainability goals
- Impact of increased IT and OT integration on business performance in different areas as well as estimated economic value of downtime
- Progressive move of the IT and OT functions away from the classic segregated model towards increased coordination and integration
- Structure and hierarchical model of the IT and OT organizations
- Funding for IT and OT integration projects
IDC Energy Insights: Worldwide Utilities Connected Asset Strategies
IT operations and implementation
- 21 slides
When you purchase this document, the purchase price can be applied to the cost of an annual subscription, giving you access to more research for your investment.