Data Measurement Products for Canada
IDC Canada offers an array of data measurement products to help you manage your business, including IDC Trackers, Market Forecasters, Spending Guides, Wallets and Black Books.
IDC's data products allow you to uncover emerging market opportunities as well as truly understand the competitive landscape of each market. Customers of IDC's data products use IDC data to map market demand, uncover new opportunities by industry and use case, assess the competitive landscape, define customer targets and more.
Discover how you can simplify your data needs and fulfill more of your business objectives by going with IDC as your all-in-one data source. Contact us today to learn about leveraging IDC's data products for your organization.
Contact Us to Learn More about IDC's Data Products
IDC Trackers for Canada
IDC's trackers provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly and monthly basis.
Visit IDC WW Tracker
- Quarterly Trackers
- Augmented and Virtual Reality Headsets
- Cloud IT Infrastructure
- Converged Systems
- Digital Signage
- Enterprise Client Device
- Enterprise Infrastructure Tracker
- Enterprise Storage Systems
- Ethernet Switch
- Hardcopy Peripherals
- Industrial Printer
- Large Format Printer
- Mobile Device
- PC Monitor
- Personal Computing Device
- Purpose Built Backup Appliance
- Security Appliance
- Smart Home Device*
- Wearable Device
- Wireless LAN
- Semiannual Trackers
Canadian Market Forecasters
Our Canadian Market Forecaster Suite provides forecasts and historical data for all of IDC's IT & Communication markets in Canada, updated semiannually. End-user spending data is segmented by 18 industries, 6 regions & 10 company size segments.
We offer 5 Market Forecaster options depending on your needs.
Spending Guides - Canada Region
3rd Platform and Innovation Accelerators Spending Guides
3rd platform technologies are the new foundation for future IT market growth. Our 3rd Platform spending guides are multi-dimensional, all-in-one data products that feature global industry forecasts for all of IDC’s 3rd platform and Innovation Accelerator technologies. The spending guides are produced semiannually and delivered via pivot table or the Customer Insights Query Tool.
- 3D Printing Spending Guide
- Artificial Intelligence Systems Spending Guide
- Augmented & Virtual Reality Spending Guide
- Big Data & Analytics Spending Guide
- Blockchain Spending Guide
- Internet of Things Spending Guide
- Mobility Spending Guide
- Public Cloud Services Spending Guide
- Robotics & Drones Spending Guide
- Security Spending Guide
- Edge Spending Guide (coming soon)
- Future of Work Spending Guide (coming soon)
Core IT Spending Guides
Should be used by strategic planners and market analysts, seeking to understand the opportunities by industry and size of company. Their strategic outlook on spending provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. These guides combine IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry segmentation.
- IT Spending Guide: Line of Business
- ICT Spending Guide: Industry & Company Size
- Small and Medium Business Spending Guide
Locate opportunities connected to mega trends: smart cities, DX, digital economy, connected consumers and customer experience.
- Connected Consumer Spending Guide
- Customer Experience Spending Guide
- Digital Economy and Ecosystems Spending Guide
- Digital Transformation Spending Guide
- Smart Cities Spending Guide
Industry Spending Guides
Should be used by strategic planners, market analysts, and others seeking to understand the opportunities by industry. Their global outlook on spending provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. These guides combine IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge.
- IDC Insights
- IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide
- IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide
- IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Insurance IT Spending Guide
- IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Financial Services Risk Technology IT Spending Guide
- IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Retail Industry IT Spending Guide
- 3rd Platform Industries
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Banking
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Government
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Healthcare
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Insurance
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Manufacturing
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Oil and Gas
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Retail
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Securities and Investment Services
- Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Utilities
Are the industry-standard study on the state of ICT spending in every region around the world. IDC’s Black Books present a quarterly analysis of the size and growth of the worldwide ICT industry in 89 countries.
For IT vendors, sales targets continue to increase at rates upwards of 15% annually. IT vendors need to be better informed and sell smarter. IDC's Wallet services provide an analysis of the IT spending strategies and budgets for the world's largest companies. The research is crafted to arm sales with the specific information they need to incorporate into a smart selling strategy.
Canadian Consumer: Market Speak
IDC Canada's Canadian Consumer Market Speak showcases topic-specific survey data & key insights from questions asked on IDC’s recent consumer surveys.
- Consumer Services
- TV Services
- OTT Video
- Internet Services
- Wireless Services
- Connected Life
- Connected home
- Connected car
- Intelligent Assistants
- Internet activities
- Online communications
- Mobile Phones
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
Services Contracts Databases
IDC's Services Contracts Database products provide a comprehensive tool for lead generation and targeting opportunities across the region. The database is updated in real time with the most recent findings for each country.
AskIDC Inquiry Desk
Canadian research program subscribers have analyst inquiry hours available to understand the related markets and trends better. Simply contact AskIDC during business hours to start a research inquiry.Learn More