This IDC Manufacturing Insights Presentation provides an overview of the latest Internet of Things (IoT) adoption trends among European manufacturers. The data has been sourced from IDC's 2016 Global IoT Decision Maker Survey, representing a total of 202 manufacturers in Europe.
Key topics include IoT adoption, strategy, security challenges, analytics, and future plans.
This presentation addresses questions such as:
- For which of the following use cases have organizations deployed or are they planning to deploy connected sensors or devices?
- What business impact do companies think the IoT will have on their organizations?
- Does the use or planned use of IoT technology improve organizations' security or increase their security concerns?
- What are the top factor(s) that influenced or will influence organizations' decision to create a strategy or investment in connected sensors or devices?
- How will organizations manage data generated by the IoT sensors?
- What is the type of vendor/service provider seen as most likely to become a leader in the IoT market?